Friday, August 25, 2023

Friday Fun - August 25, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I finished Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker earlier this week. This book gripped me right from the beginning and would NOT let me go. I finished it in just over 24 hours. Lots of suspense, though there are some disturbing scenes.


I just started Cold Pursuit by Nancy Mehl. I've been waiting to get my hands on this one. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker:

"The day that Ryan Evan's world changed forever began as any other day he'd spent in the hot desert might have begun."
 
I guess my first question was why was he in the desert and where? And what exactly was about to happen to him. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for Cold Pursuit by Nancy Mehl:

"River Ryland was convinced that madness exists only a breath away from genius."

So, the killer they were up against was brilliant and mad. Scary combination. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

Boneman's Daughters by Ted Dekker:
 
"She began to regret her decision to let him join them. It was fine for her mother, who deserved some love in her life-her father had failed miserably on that front. But that didn't mean Bethany had to like the man who was sharing her mother's bed when it suited them."

Cold Pursuit by Nancy Mehl:

"Then he unlocked the door to the fourth office, Watson Investigations. What a stupid name. Now, Sherlock Holmes Investigations would be cool. These people must be losers. He started cleaning, but the word Investigations kept swirling aound him, orange and pulsating. Just what were they investigating? Were they watching him? Were they a threat? He would have to keep a close eye on these people."

3 comments:

  1. I've read like 5 Dekker books, but not that one.... I need to read that one!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't Ted Dekker a Christian author. What is the Boneman's Daughter theme/genre?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I enjoyed Cold Pursuit, it was different and interesting. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!