Friday, October 27, 2023

Friday Fun - October 27, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

I just finished Project Scrooge by A.M. Heath. This is the first novella in her Christmas in Garland collection. There are currently three books and the fourth releases next month. I'll probably start the second book, The Engagement Cover, later today. These will all help me get caught up with my reading challenge of reading one Christmas book each month.


I also read Twice Loved by Wanda E. Brunstetter. This is another book for my Christmas book challenge.


I am currently reading The Lost Boys of Barlowe Theater by Jaime Jo Wright. It doesn't fit any of my current challenges, but I have been looking forward to reading it since learning about it.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Project Scrooge by A.M. Heath:

"The Christmas season seemed to return quicker with each passing year."

Well, this is definitely true.

Here is my Book Beginnings for Twice Loved by Wanda E Brunstetter

"Dan Fisher went down on his knees in front of the sofa where his wife lay."

Was something wrong with his wife?

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Lost Boys of Barlowe Theater by Jaime Jo Wright:

"Sometimes death came quietly."

Also true. But it seems like there was going to be more to that. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Project Scrooge by A.M. Heath:
 
"I lifted half of my smile. Challenge accepted. Little did Natalie know, winning this challenge had nothing to do with victory and everything to do with survival."

Twice Loved by Wanda E Brunstetter

"She merely shrugged in reply. Dan didn't seem like the type to get upset over something like a child falling asleep inside his toy store. In fact, from the look on his face, Bev guessed he mikght be rather taken with her daughter."

The Lost Boys of Barlowe Theater by Jaime Jo Wright:

"Tom leaned over and whispered, 'You don't wanna know.'
But she did. She really, truly did. Kit lifted her eyes and met Evan's in the mirror one more time. This time his expression said he was disturbed . . .  even a little afraid."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read the reviews of those books, I invite you to click on the links below:

Royal & Ancient by Amanda Lauer (review coming shortly)

2 comments:

  1. I have not signed up for any Christmas challenges and don't plan on it. I am more than ready for all my challenges to be complete, LOL! I am ready for some mood reading. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I didn't sign up for any Christmas challenges. One of my challenges I set for myself this year was to read one Christmas book each month, because I don't normally read Christmas books. And with all the challenges I participate it, I couldn't really fit a bunch in for December.

      Delete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!