Friday, October 6, 2023

Friday Fun - October 6, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I just finished reading Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren. I read it for a few of my September reading challenges. I've been wanting to read it for a while, so when I needed a time travel book, I was like, yep, gonna finally read it. It is the final book in the River of Time series.


I am currently reading The Heavens Before by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow. This book is also for a reading challenge. I need a book set in Bible times, and this book takes place leading up to the flood of Noah's time.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren:

"'So, what say you, carina?' Luca asked me, calling me his little love. 'Did you not promise long ago that if I returned to you from battle, we would speak of a certain blue dress?'"

Ooo, are we finally going to see a wedding for Luca and Lia? 

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Heavens Before by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow:

"The ancient tree of Havah stood in solitary splendor in a vast field, its pale green-leafed branches drooping softly, curtainlike, inviting passersby to come rest in the shade."

Sounds like a lovely tree. And I wondered if it would play a significant roll in the story. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Deluge by Lisa T. Bergren:
 
"It made sense that he'd seen it, pondered it. A memory of him chasing us through the woods, the tracker with him, studying each broken twig, each pile of disturbed leaves, came to me."

The Heavens Before by Kacy Barnett-Gramckow:

"Why are you angry with me? Naham's the one who provoked Yerakh! And obviously, you've all escaped beatings. You don't have bruises. You aren't strugglingn to breathe. But you're just waiting for me to prove I can stand and walk, so you won't feel guilty for abandoning me."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read the reviews of those books, I invite you to click on the links below:

3 comments:

  1. I have not read either one of these authors! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you're enjoying! Happy reading and happy Friday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I read a book by Lisa T. Bergren years ago and enjoyed it. Deluge sounds like a good one. I hope you enjoy your reading and have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!