Friday, November 10, 2023

Friday Fun - November 10, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I read an ARC of  The Perfect Storm by Cali Black. This is the third book in the Blue Sky series and it releases today. 


I am reading The Engagement Cover by A.M. Heath. This is the second book in her Christmas in Garland collection. I'm reading her entire collection as I am on the launch team for her newest, Movie Made Romance, which releases on November 17. It also works for my one reading challenge I made myself, to read one Christmas book each month. I haven't actually kept up with that real well, but this collection is helping me catch up.


              Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for The Perfect Storm by Cali Black:

"Storm Henderson slammed on the brakes of his gray Dodge Ram as a squirrel scampered across the dirt driveway."

Yeah, I'd be slamming on the brakes to avoid a squirrel too. Though, I am also wondering what driveway he is pulling into, and if he was going faster than he should, seeing as he had to slam on the brakes in a driveway.

Here is my Book Beginnings for The Engagement Cover by A.M. Heath:

"Why couldn't dating be easier?"

Good question. Then of course, I had to find out what she was struggling with when it came to dating. Was she on a date currently? Or having trouble finding a date?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Perfect Storm by Cali Black:
 
"Over the next week, he drove to Blue Sky almost every day at all times of the day and night, trying to accommodate their work schedules and help her through the worst part of her grief."

The Engagement Cover by A.M. Heath:

"I eyed the direction where Teresa had fled. I didn't have any reason to follow her, but I couldn't deny the simple fact that I wanted to. Maybe I hated losing that much, or maybe I just didn't want to lose her again, which was crazy. I barely knew Teresa two years ago. We were done before we had a solid start."

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read the reviews of those books, I invite you to click on the links below:

Crushed Hopes and Hopeful Beginnings by Carol Ashby (review coming)

4 comments:

  1. The Christmas in arland series sounds like something I would like.

    Thanks for participating in Friday56 and helping keep it going while Freda is out.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really enjoyed Project Scrooge, which was the first book in the Christmas in Garland collection. I'm still at the beginning of this book, but I'm hoping I love it just as much. Or more.
      Thank YOU so much for helping to keep Friday56 going by taking over the linky. I'm glad to have somewhere to continue linking up.

      Delete
  2. I think I will be ready to dive into a holiday themed book soon. The Engagement Cover sounds like a good one. I hope you are enjoying both of these! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I must say I love the cover of The Perfect Storm, and both books look quite interesting. Hope you're enjoying them - happy reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!