Friday, November 24, 2023

Friday Fun - November 24, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and I just discovered First Line Friday over at Reading is My SuperPower.

This week I have three books to share with you.

I just finished  Forgotten Memories by Penny Zeller. This is the first book in her Wyoming Sunrise series. I am on the launch team for When Love Comes, book #3 in the series, so I wanted to make sure to read the previous books first. You can read my review of Forgotten Memories here.


I am currently reading Love's New Beginnings by Penny Zeller. This is a Wyoming Sunrise Prequel. I debated reading it first, but wanted to read it in the order the author published them. 


I'm also currently reading The Metropolitan Affair by Jocelyn Green. I have wanted to read this book for a while and had used birthday money to purchase it several months ago. I just haven't had a chance to read it. This month I realized it would work for a couple of my reading challenges.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Forgotten Memories by Penny Zeller:

"A fleeting movement caught twelve-year-old Annie Ledbetter's attention."

Hmm, what is it that caught her attention? 

Love's New Beginnings by Penny Zeller:

"Lydie Beauchamp stalked down the dusty streets of Prune Creek, her skirt swishing against her ankles."

Oh dear, what's got Lydie stalking down the street?

The Metropolitan Affair by Jocelyn Green:

"Dead people were easy to talk to."

Um, why is she talking to dead people??

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Forgotten Memories by Penny Zeller:
 
"On one hand, she was grateful she wouldn't have to worry about a chicken coop built next to her desk when she returned the next morning, and she would have a hilarious story to share with Hetty. On the other, the entire experience had been a bit of a discomfiture."

Love's New Beginning by Penny Zeller:

"His involvement in the pranks did not endear him to her. A man of his age, likely twenty-one or twenty-two, out to know better. And his statement, 'the prank was to help everyone be at ease on their first day of school.' vexed her greatly."

The Metropolitan Affair by Jocelyn Green:

"'Touchy lot, these artsy types,' Joe mumbled.
Lauren didn't deny it. 'If you're going to earn these people's trust, you'll have to put in the time to listen to their small talk. Ready to be charming?'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read the reviews of those books, I invite you to click on the links below. 

2 comments:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!