Monday, December 4, 2023

The Hart of Christmas by Latisha Sexton Review

 


I have loved all the books I have read by Latisha Sexton. Suspense, women's fiction, and now a rom-com. Love the range of genres she writes in. I always thought I wouldn't be a huge fan of romance and rom-com, but I have discovered that I actually do enjoy romance. And this rom-com was amazing. 

Here we have a friends to perhaps more to enemies to friends to maybe hopefully more story. Dex and Millie's relationship started in high school, but ended with them on far-from-friendly terms. Millie would have preferred to never have seen Dex again, unfortunately they end up snowed in at her best friend's house, who happens to be Dex's step-sister. 

I absolutely loved seeing their relationship evolve. And the banter was awesomely hilarious. The story is told in first person, alternating between Dex and Millie, and also between current day and their time in high school. Slowly we start to learn what happened to end their former relationship. Though it may have been a bit predictable, I loved discovering what actually happened, and having the truth come out which impacted their current relationship. 

I also loved that they are both Christians and that they trust in God and lean on him. 

When I first learned about this book, I did not realize this was the beginning of a series and now I can't wait to read more of this series.

Definitely a book I highly recommend. 


I was given an ARC as a part of the launch team but was not required to write a positive review. These are my own honest thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!