Friday, December 1, 2023

Friday Fun - December 1, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have three books to share with you.

I am currently reading Dreams of the Heart by Penny Zeller. This is the second book in her Wyoming Sunrise series. I am on the launch team for When Love Comes, book #3 in the series, so I wanted to make sure to read the previous books first. 


I read The Shunning by Beverly Lewis for a few of my November reading challenges. I had read this book years ago when it first released, along with the rest of the series. I really enjoyed it and was glad to have a chance to reread it. 


I also just started The Hart of Christmas by Latisha Sexton. I'm also on the launch team for this book and it releases next Monday, December 4th.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Dreams of the Heart by Penny Zeller:

"Why was he always watching her?"

Well, that sounds like it could be creepy. First thought coming from someone who enjoys suspense. But, this is a romance, so maybe it isn't quite so nefarious. 

The Shunning by Beverly Lewis:

"If the truth be known, I was more conniving than all three of my brothers put together."

And knowing how boys can be, that's saying something. And shows us from the get-go that Katie has a rebellious spirit.

The Hart of Christmas by Latisha Sexton:

"When I pictured myself at twenty-five, I imagined performing on stage to the roar of the audience."

So, what is Millie doing instead? Doesn't sound like her life is turning out how she planned.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Dreams of the Heart by Penny Zeller:
 
"She fought the disconcerting thoughts that oftentimes made their presence known at this hour when she ought to be welcoming some much-needed shut-eye. What if Deputy Eliason hadn't been there to offer his assistance with Pa? What if Red Beard had been the one to follow her home? What if. . ."

The Shunning by Beverly Lewis:

"Seeing the angelic, round faced so concerned was a comfort. But Katie's heart sank as she looked into the all-knowing blue eyes. That look. It probed deep into her soul, reinforcing the sense that Mary always seemed to know what was good and right."

The Hart of Christmas by Latisha Sexton:

"I hear movement, but I don't look up. Ugh. . . how in the world did he hear me? I feel him near me before I'm brave enough to look over at him. He's completely in my personal bubble, looking down at me with a glint in his eyes."

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read the reviews of the two books I've finished, I invite you to click on the links below. 

1 comment:

  1. I read the Shunning years ago and it led me down a rabbit-hole of Amish Lit. Enjoy your new book!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!