Friday, December 22, 2023

Friday Fun - December 22, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I am currently reading Cold Light of Day by Elizabeth Goddard. I chose to read this book for one of my reading challenges. I needed a book set in a cold climate. 


I'm also reading An Unexpected Arrival by Penny Zeller. This is a novelette from the Wyoming Sunrise series. 


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join Carrie for First Line Friday.)


Here is my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selection:

  Cold Light of Day by Ellizabeth Goddard:

"I never should have come."

But why? And, what is going to happen? And who is thinking this?

An Unexpected Arrival by Penny Zeller:

"Millicent Popplewell certainly hadn't intended to ever visit the Wyoming Territory."

So, why is she there?

And I just have to share the second sentence:

"And she definitely hadn't anticipated being a stagecoach driver." 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Cold Light of Day by Elizabeth Goddard:
 
"'I get it. I'm not working for you. And yet, I'm diving with you today.' This could have fallen to the Coast Guard, at least, but she had her reasons for looking into things herself, and he didn't blame her."

An Unexpected Arrival by Penny Zeller:

"'Yes, I have seen some of this in his daily work at the mercantile.' She recalled the sorrow in his eyes when she requested she return to the boardinghouse after such a short time of discussion with him at the creek earlier that day. If only Millicent had expressed her thoughts and reassured him."

Reviews:

Last week I shared one book in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read my review, I invite you to click on the links below. 

2 comments:

  1. I agree with you and the questions you raise about the quotes.

    Thanks for playing along on Friday56 and Merry Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!
    I am currently reading Spies Don't Fall for Their Asset by Meg Easton. It's a super cute story!
    "As fun as Addi is, and as great of a distraction as she is, I'm sad that I'm not in a car with Jace right now. Especially because I've been hoping for more time with him so I can figure out if things between us are okay."
    I hope you have a wonderful weekend full of relaxing reading time! 😀

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!