Wednesday, January 10, 2024

Fragile Designs by Colleen Coble Review


 
I finished my first book of the year on Saturday, but am only now getting a chance to post about it because I've been sick with the flu. Fragile Designs is another awesome book by Colleen Coble. I absolutely loved it. The story drew me right in and wouldn't let go. I probably would have finished it faster than the three days it took me, if I hadn't been so sick.
The prologue begins with Carly arriving home and discovering her police officer husband murdered. Then the next chapter skips ahead nine months where the reader finds Carly and her son Noah living with Carly's grandmother who has decided she'd like to renovate her spacious home to make it a bed and breakfast, a business Carly would run. She enlists the help of her sisters, who she is not on good terms with.
While cleaning out the attic, Carly comes upon some family secrets. She wonders if there is a connection between them and her husband's death, so she enlists the help of her grandmother's neighbor, who is also a police officer, and also the brother of her ex. So, there is a bit of bad blood there, but he is willing to help.
This leads to quite the adventure with lots of danger and mystery and the digging up of surprising truths. There is quite a bit of twisting going on in this story with connections I didn't see coming. I also loved that Carly was taking what she was learning and using it to write a novel. And of course, there is the romance, a relationship that develops between Carly and Lucas, which neither one of them could really see coming when they first started out given their background.
The author really had me guessing and caught me by surprise when one of the bad guys was revealed. And yes, it's quite the web and there are multiple villains.
Definitely a book I highly recommend

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!