Friday, January 19, 2024

Friday Fun - January 19, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have one book to share with you.

I am on the launch team for An Uncertain Road by Abbey Downey and I just started reading. It releases in a little over a month, on February 27th. Stay tuned for my review of this historical romance.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here is my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selection:

  An Uncertain Road by Abbey Downey:

"'Couldn't you make it a few more blocks?'"

Definitely some frustration going on here. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

An Uncertain Road by Abbey Downey:
 
"She was all fire and fervor now. How was he going to get her calmed down enough before this race started to drive sensibly? 'It doesn't have anything to do with you. This race is inherently dangerous. One look at the road snaking up that mountain and anyone could see it. All those tight turns, narrow stretches, and sheer drop-offs are asking for trouble.'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared three books in my Friday Fun post. I only finished the one book, and if you like you can click on the link below to read my review. 


I'll have these two books finished soon, and will then share my reviews:

If I Were You by Lynn Austin (updated to add the link as I just finished this book this afternoon)
The Divine Proverb of Streusel by Sara Brunsvold

5 comments:

  1. This sounds like a fun read. You can see my post here Have a great weekend 😊

    ReplyDelete
  2. Abbey Downey sure reminds me of Downton Abbey -- an intentional nom-de-plume?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not intentional per se, just a very lucky married name that I decided to use because of that :)

      Delete
  3. The opening does make me wonder what's been going on! The cover for An Uncertain Road is really pretty. I hope you are enjoying it! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday!

    I’m currently reading Sadie and the Bad Boy Billionaire by Emma St. Clair and Jenny Proctor. It’s super cute!
    “I don’t want to be impressed with Benedict’s boat. Yacht. I don’t want to be impressed with his yacht. But honestly, this thing is gorgeous.”
    I hope you have a great weekend full of fun reading time! 😊

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!