Friday, January 5, 2024

Friday Fun - January 5, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis was my last book of 2023. I read it for one of my reading challenges


I'm currently reading Trust the Stars by Tricia Goyer. This book released last month. It's the first book by this author I have read and I am enjoying it very much. On another note, isn't that cover gorgeous?


And, my library got in Colleen Coble's newest book, Fragile Designs, so I had to drop everything and read this. I'm almost done, and as expected, it is awesome.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here is my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selection:

  The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis:

"There was a boy called Eustce Clarence Scrubb, and he almost deserved it."

Well the author wasn't really a fan of this name or thought it was negative, but I sort of like the name

Trust the Stars by Tricia Goyer:

"Alessandra Appiani walked with a quickened pace toward the front door of the Vatican, her footsteps echoing on the marble floor and the fateful words echoing through her mind."

I really needed to know why she was at the Vatican and what those fateful words were.

Fragile Designs by Colleen Coble:

"Another wave of nausea hit Carly harris the minute she opened her car door and got out in the garage."

Okay, so is she sick, or maybe pregnant?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Voyage of the Dawn Treader by C.S. Lewis:
 
"Caspian nodded to Bern and then stood aside. Bern and Drinian took a step forward and each seized one end of the table. They lifted it, and flung it on one side of the hall where it rolled over, scattering a cascade of letters, dossiers, inkpots, pens, sealing-wax and documents."

Trust the Stars by Tricia Goyer:

"Olivia thought about Louis's response as she walked inside the laundromat, stepping on shattered glass. Her heart warmed that Louis had come back to check on her, but at the same time, she knew Sergio likely would be a regular fixture from now on."

Fragile Designs by Colleen Coble:

"It had taken over an hour for Lucas's adrenaline-driven heart rate to return to normal. The lingering stence of blood wafted down the stairs to where he stood waiting to hear of any evidence."

Reviews:

Last week I shared four books in my Friday Fun post. If you'd like to read my reviews, I invite you to click on the links below. 

2 comments:

  1. The opening line of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader is one of the best in all of literature.

    Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!