Friday, April 12, 2024

Friday Fun - April 12, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have one book to share with you.

I'm reading an ARC of Braving Strange Waters by Sarah Hanks. This book releases next week on April 15th.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here is my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selection:

  Braving Strange Waters by Sarah Hanks:

"Stella stared at the text, her thumbs hovering over the screen in indecision."

Wondered who was texting her and why she was indecisive in texting back. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection:

Braving Strange Waters by Sarah Hanks:
 
"She rushed to his room and banged on the door. No answer. After another round of desperate knocks, she spun around to head to the dining area. No use wasting precious time. Perhaps he hadn't left the boat yet."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. I am still reading those books, so I will have to share links to those reviews next week. However, I did finish Love, Unscripted by Denise Hunter. Here is my review.

6 comments:

  1. The quotes are intriguing. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Both of those teasers intrigue me. Hope you are enjoying the book.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both of your quotes left me wondering. I guess I'd have to read on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. These quotes sound good!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/04/12/first-line-friday-romancing-mr-bridgerton-by-julia-quinn/

    ReplyDelete
  5. The opening is a scene I've played out several times before. Probably for different reasons than the character though. :-) That second teaser has me nervous. I hope everything is okay! I hope you enjoy your reading and weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Friday!
    I'm just starting Loyally, Luke by Pepper Basham. I already love it.
    "Luke was a big fan of solid good sense and few emotional tangles. In fact, he didn't like any sort of tangles."
    Have a good weekend! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!