Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen Review

 


Oh my goodness, Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen is an amazing romantic suspense story. This is my first book by this author but it won't be my last. I had the opportunity to be on the launch team for this book, and, even though I usually prefer to read series in order, I decided I would read this anyway because it sounded so good. I will say, if you are like me and prefer to read series in order, yes, you probably should with this series. I'm assuming each book focuses on one of the ladies in the Phoenix K-9 agency, and by reading this book I already have some spoilers regarding the previous books in the series. I have every intention of going back and reading from the beginning though. If this book was any indication, the rest of this series is going to be awesome as well.

This book focuses on Jazz Lamont, one of the ladies in the Phoenix K-9 agency. One who doesn't quite feel like she belongs. The has felt alone all her life and has put up walls. She is also a huge fan of Hawthorne Emerson's thrillers. Hawthorne Emerson just happens to be the male lead in this book. Both are working security for the Tri-City Fair. The Fair is where Jazz has all her happy memories from her childhood, and she is concerned when accidents start occuring at her beloved fair. Hawthorne has joined the security at the fair to dig into what his younger sister deems the suspicious death of her boyfriend two years earlier. Jazz and Hawthorne meet as they try to rescue someone at the scene of the first accident.

The story takes off from there. With more suspicious accidents, attacks on more than one character's life, danger, suspense, twists and turns (quite a few I didn't see coming), and a possible romance between Jazz and Hawthorne. Though is this a relationship that will be able to develop with the baggage from their pasts. And will they both survive the danger that seems to be coming at them from multiple sources?

I have to tell you, I did NOT want to have to put this book down. It grabbed me from the very beginning. The author did a wonderful job making me care for these characters, the main characters and all the supporting characters, including Flash, Jazz's K-9 partner. So yes, I definitely want to read their stories.
Most importantly, faith plays a crucial role in this story. We see the importance of forgiveness, and redemption, and putting our faith in Christ. We see the importance of no longer being a slave to sin, but of giving our all to Jesus.

I highly recommend this book, but yeah, make sure you do what I didn't do, and read the previous books first. LOL.

I received an e-copy of this book as a member of the launch team and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!