Tuesday, April 9, 2024

Love, Unscripted by Denise Hunter Review

 


Love, Unscripted by Denise Hunter is the second book I have read by this author. And while I loved the other book, this is now my favorite of hers. It drew me right in. Probably because the first scene takes place at a bookstore. A bookstore owned by the main character’s best friend, Meghan. Chloe, the main character, has written a best selling book which is being turned into a movie, and which her friend is highlighting in her bookstore with a window display. 

While Chloe approves of the actor chosen to play her female lead, she is horrified to learn that her perfect male lead, the perfect boyfriend she created, is being played by an actor with a far from stellar reputation when it comes to relationships. Not the kind of person she wants representing her dream guy. 

Liam, the actor who is playing Ledger, the male lead, wants to work on fixing his image, an image that the media has really turned into a playboy worse than he really is. But, you know, that’s the media for you.

Liam and Chloe are not real fond of each other when they first meet, in a hilarious meet up. However, they come to an agreement that they feel will be mutually beneficial. A fake relationship. Liam gets to improve his image by having a steady relationship with Chloe, and Chloe can ensure that Liam portrays Ledger the way he is supposed to be portrayed. 

Not surprisingly, this fake relationship starts to grow into something more through the time they spend together. I mean, this is a romance, so that wasn’t a big spoiler. But, both Liam and Chloe have hurts from their past that have affected their previous relationships, and these are things they will need to work through. Or should they even be trying to have a real relationship? I sure was rooting for them. 
I loved the characters in this book, including the side characters, which also includes the cat Buttercup. The author did a great job developing them and making them real. I loved the bits of humor that were added in. I also loved seeing Chloe, as the book’s author, interacting with those who were making her book into a movie. 

Even though I was already invested in the story, when the characters were dealing with the fallout of their deception I really didn't want to put the book down, and wanted to know how the author would resolve these issues. 

I loved this book and highly recommend it. 

I received an e-copy of this book through NetGalley and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!