Friday, April 19, 2024

Friday Fun - April 19, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I'm reading an ARC of The Vanished by Cara Putman. This book released this past week. I'm a bit behind.


I'm also reading an ARC of Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen. This book releases next week on April 25th.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  The Vanished by Cara Putman:

"What have I done?"

Good question.

Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen:

"Excitement and anticipation buzzed through Jazz Lamont's veins, taking her back to when she was eight years old, and she believed dreams could come true."

I wondered what had excited Jazz. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

The Vanished by Cara Putman:
 
"She was used to men in the work context thinking she was a pixie who needed protecting, but she wore a power suit to cover the Tinker Bell. People were wrong to think she hadn't been the strongest character in Peter Pan. And they were wrong to underestimate Janae."

Lethal Danger by Jerusha Agen:

"A grin took over his handsome face as his posture relaxed, and he looked from the knife to her. 'How could I ever forget? Desmond Patch had better watch his back. Jazz Lamont might be the one to take him down.'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared one book in my Friday Fun post. Here's my review:

6 comments:

  1. I read The Vanished last week. Hope you like it. Here is my Friday book: https://moretoodiscover.blogspot.com/2024/04/book-spotlight-friday-sandcastle.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. The snippets from both sound intriguing. Thanks for sharing and have a great Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love a good suspense read. I'd read both of those. Thanks for sharing!

    Stop by and see my Friday fun!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Both of these sound exciting! I hope you are enjoying them! Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Friday!
    I'm reading Loyally, Luke by Pepper Basham. It’s so good.
    "Luke's phone buzzed to life on the table beside him as he finished up a few final emails to Mrs. Kershaw and Mr. Holton. Unknown number? He shrugged off the curiosity and went back to the email, giving a detailed account of all the finalized pieces of the kitchen remodel."
    I hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading!!! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love books with dogs in them. They always are heroic and I always like them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!