Thursday, April 25, 2024

Friday Fun - April 26, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I'm reading an ARC of A Surefire Love by Emily Conrad. This book releases next week on April 29th.


I'm also reading an ARC of The Girl from the Hidden Forest by Hannah Linder. This book releases next week on May 1st.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  A Surefire Love by Emily Conrad:

"Pain cascaded through generations of Astleys."

What kind of pain? What is causing the pain?

The Girl from the Hidden Forest by Hannah Linder:

"Something was wrong."

Okay, I needed to know why something was wrong and what that something was. And who was thinking something was wrong.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

A Surefire Love by Emily Conrad:
 
"Anson held his cookie between his thumb and index finger. He chewed slowly and studied the remaining portion like he was decided how to respond to an insult. He must not have tried one before bringing them over. What was it like to be so confident that failure came as such a shock?"

The Girl from the Hidden Forest by Hannah Linder:

"He was as noble as she'd ever imagined him to be. He was like a tower she could run to, a branch she could cling to at the edge of a cliff. For now, she could survive. Because he had come. Because he was here. Because she wasn't alone."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here are my reviews:


I also finally finished The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano. Here's my review:

The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano

6 comments:

  1. Sounds like some interesting books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The beginnings of both of those books are super dramatic and gripping, I have the exact same questions as you! And those two F56s couldn't be about two more different men, could they? xD Thanks for sharing and I hope you have a lovely weekend :)
    Juli @ A Universe in Words

    ReplyDelete
  3. "The generations of Astleys" ??? How many are there and why does pain affect them all? I guess I'd have to read on.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love Hannah Linder and wasn't aware her newest book was coming out soon. I will likely be adding that to my reading list! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  5. "Something was wrong" is a good start to a story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Saturday!
    I'm just starting A Cross-Country Wedding by Courtney Walsh. So far, so good!
    "Bea doesn't like me."
    I hope you are having a great weekend! Happy reading!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!