Friday, April 5, 2024

Friday Fun - April 5, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I'm reading an ARC of The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano. This book releases next week on April 9th.


I am also reading an ARC of The British Booksellers by Kristy Cambron. This book also releases on April 9th.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)


Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  The Elusive Truth of Lyly Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano:

"I hadn't decided if I'd tell the whole truth or not, when the men arrived."

This sentence really had me curious and drew me in. What was it she may or may not be truthful about, and what men were on their way? And was their arrival imminent? 

The British Booksellers by Kristy Cambron:

"How many times in life could a boy say he was risking his neck, doing the very last thing he'd expected. . . for a girl?"

Sounds like someone may have feeling for said girl. Possibly. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

The Elusive Truth of Lily Temple by Joanna Davidson Politano:
 
"'Of course not. But we have our very own secret weapon to get us in.' A wink.
Secret weapon. What was it this time, kindness? Rule following? Then I blinked and noticed his gaze . . . which was steadied on my face with a disarming smile.
I groaned. Of course.
Me."

The British Booksellers by Kristy Cambron:

"Sirens cried in the distance, cutting off her words. All paused, smiles dying around the room. Forks clanged porcelain plates. And the guests pushed chairs back from the table as the party moved to fall into their nightly drill - fetching coats and supplies for a hurried trek to the Andersons in the rose garden."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here are the links to my reviews. I still need to finish Love, Unscripted by Denise Hunter.

2 comments:

  1. Both of these sound like books I would really enjoy! I am adding them both to my wish list! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the second book sounds like one I'd like better. Which did you like best?

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!