Friday, May 16, 2014

Friday Fun- May 16th 2014

I am going to be sharing with 3 different book memes on Fridays: Friday Finds, Book Beginnings on Friday and The Friday 56. So, let's get started.
(FRIDAY FINDS showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased). )

There is only one new book that I haven't mentioned yet, which I am not sure I am going to be reading. It is The Maze Runner by James Dashner.



(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

My book beginning is from Allegiant by Veronica Roth.

"I pace in our cell in Erudite headquarters, her words echoing in my mind: My name will be Edith Prior, and there is much I am happy to forget."

Once again Tris finds herself captive. Why does it seem there is always someone in authority out to get her? I am wondering how long it will be before we learn more about Edith Prior and why this society of factions was really created in the first place. I am eager to get to the bottom of it.



The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56. 

Seeing as I haven't gotten that far in Allegiant, I am going to share my Friday 56 from Insurgent.

"People rush into the hallway, wearing gray and black and yellow and red. Peter surges toward me in a half crouch, and punches me in the stomach. I hunch over, but the pain doesn't stop me-I let out something between a groan and a scream, and launch myself at him, my left elbow pulled back near my mouth so that I can slam it into his face."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!