Friday, May 9, 2014

Friday Fun- May 9th 2014

I know Friday is almost over, but I finally got a chance to concentrate on getting this post up. I am going to be sharing with 3 different book memes on Fridays: Friday Finds, Book Beginnings on Friday and The Friday 56. So, let's get started.
(FRIDAY FINDS showcases the books you ‘found’ and added to your To Be Read (TBR) list… whether you found them online, or in a bookstore, or in the library — wherever! (they aren’t necessarily books you purchased). )

After finishing A Matter of Trust by Lis Wiehl in 2 days, I put the 4 books of her Triple Threat Series on hold.



I can't wait for the library to get them in!


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

My book beginning is from The Dancing Master by Julie Klassen. I have been having a hard time getting into this book, which is a bit disappointing seeing as I devoured her first book. The book is set in 1815 England. We find Alec Valcourt moving his mother and sister from London to Devonshire to get a new start. This ends up being harder than he thought, seeing as he hoped to continue on as a dancing master but dancing has been forbidden in his new town. 

From the prologue: "We observed the first of May as we always did. We dressed somberly and rode in the black barouche from Buckleigh Manor into Beaworthy. It was tradition, my mother said. But I knew she had another reason for visiting the village on that particular day."


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56. 

Seeing as I have The Dancing Master right here beside me, I will grab my excerpt from here.

"Julie eyes him shrewdly. 'And what is it you do when you are not prowling about the woods, Mr. Valcourt?'
'I...' He hesitated, uncertain he ought to mention his profession.
He was saved from answering by the hearty greetings of Sir Herbert and Lady Allen."

1 comment:

  1. I hope the pace of the book picks up. Sounds like it could be a really good story.
    Here's the link to my Friday post: MOVING IN.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!