Friday, September 16, 2022

Friday Fun - September 16, 2022

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

I've been wanting to read Edge of Dusk by Colleen Coble since it first came out. Though, I admit, I almost said, nah, I'll wait til the series is complete. Obviously I decided to read it, because, well, it's a book by Colleen Coble and she's an awesome romantic suspense author and I couldn't wait. 

 

I also read Brink of Death by Brandilyn Collins. This is my first book by this author and I really enjoyed it. Another great suspense book!


Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Edge of Dusk by Colleen Coble:

"'Was that the Windigo?' Nine-year-old Annie Vitanen yanked her little sister's hand to pull her to a stop in the deep shadows of the pines. Chills trickled down her spine, and she stared into the darkness, 'Did you hear that?'"

Creepy start to the book. Of course, this is the prologue, and from the back cover, I knew what was going to happen.  

And here is my book beginnings for Brink of Death by Brandilyn Collins:

"The noises, faint, fleeting, whispered into her consciousness like wraiths in the night.
Twelve-year-old Erin Willit opened her eyes to darkness lit only by the green night-light near her closet door, and the faint glow of a streetlamp through her bedroom window."

One of my first thoughts was, why does she have a green night light. Creepy. I haven't been a fan of green night lights since reading, I believe it was The Tommyknockers by Stephen King, many many years ago. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Edge of Dusk by Colleen Coble
 
"Taylor suppressed a smile at the thought of defying her dead mother in such a significant way. She'd been unable to stand against the whirlwind called Mother all her life. What did that make her? Smart, gutless, or something in between?" 

Brink of Death by Brandilyn Collins

"He hadn't meant to kill her, just slow her down for a while. He felt a chilling smile tug at the corner of his mouth. Well. Maybe he had. He held out his hands, fingers spread and curved, and stared at them."

4 comments:

  1. I love the sounds of Coble's book, but that 56 has me enjoying Collins' book too! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Colleen Coble but have not read this one yet. I also have not read anything by Brandilyn Collins, although I think I will enjoy her writing. I hope you enjoy both of these. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quotes. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I may have to look into Brink of Death. Thanks for sharing!

    Lauren @ Always Me

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!