Tuesday, September 13, 2022

Review of Fallout by Carrie Stuart Parks


Review of Fallout by Carrie Stuart Parks

 


 Another wonderful book by Carrie Stuart Parks. I started reading her books toward the end of 2021, and I zinged through all her books. The Gwen Marcey series and all her stand alone books. I was thrilled when I discovered she had a new book releasing this fall, and even more thrilled when I was chosen to be on her Launch Team. I did receive a free copy of the book as a part of the Launch Team for my honest review, and all thoughts and opinions are my own. 

Fallout is a story that begins with an SUV plowing into the classroom where Samantha Williams is teaching and continues with tons of action while the mystery twists and turns before it is finally unraveled. I loved the threads connecting this story to her other books, even though this book is in and of itself a stand alone novel. But fans will enjoy that she has included Clan Firinn, forensic artists, and a loveable dog. If you have read her previous books, you will know what I mean. If you haven’t, not knowing will not take away anything from this book.

A great mystery with bones being uncovered, abandoned towns being rediscovered, a forgotten childhood being remembered, and a mysterious golden apple somehow involved and pricking at her memory. Carrie Stuart Parks kept me guessing on who the killer/stalker was. I thought I knew, but then questioned my thoughts, then she threw in some misdirection and twists and I was surprised but also discovered I had guessed some things right. All in all a great story of suspense and mystery.

I highly recommend this book for any lover of suspense.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!