Friday, February 10, 2023

Friday Fun - February 10, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

Very early this morning I finished the third book of  The Inheritance Games series by Jennifer Lynn Barnes. I just couldn't put it down. So, I can share both books two and three today.  The Hawthorne Legacy is book two. 
       

And The Final Gambit is book three. 


I just started In the Midst of the Storm by Latisha Sexton. I am on the launch team for the second book in this series, so I figured I'd better get the first book read. It's been on my Kindle Unlimited for a couple of weeks. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes:

"'Tell me again about the first time the two of you played chess in the park.' Jameson's face was candlelit, but even in the scant light, I could see the gleam in his dark green eyes."

Sounds like we are starting off right where book one left off. 

And here is my book beginnings for The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes:

'We need to talk about your eighteenth birthday.' Alisa's words echoes through the largest of Hawthorne House's five libraries."

I was confused at first because I thought the big date was when Avery had been in the house for a year, but I realized there was some legal stuff that probably needed to be dealt with as she was now going to legally be an adult. 

And finally, here is my book beginnings for In the Midst of the Storm by Latisha Sexton:

Drawing in a shaky breath, Olivia James reached for the driver's license with trembling hands.
'Katie Smith,' she murmured, staring at the image of the stranger."

So, why was she trembling and who was the stranger?

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Hawthorne Legacy by Jennifer Lynn Barnes:
 
"From the time he was twelve or thirteen, Toby Hawthorne had started writing in an odd fashion-a very distinctive mix of print and cursive. I'd seen that handwriting before."

The Final Gambit by Jennifer Lynn Barnes:

'Skye.' Jameson and Grayson said their mother's name at once. Trying to kill me hadn't worked out too well for her. But given that Sheffield Grayson had framed her for a murder attempt she hadn't committed, not trying to kill me hadn't worked out too well for Skye Hawthorne, either."

In the Midst of the Storm by Latisha Sexton:

"She longed to have a confidante and considered briefly telling the entire truth, but she couldn't put anyone else at risk. No matter how good it would feel to have someone she could be completely transparent with."

5 comments:

  1. I definitely need to read the series by Barnes! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the covers of the Inheritance Games books! The 56 selections from those two books are particularly interesting as well. Especially the one from The Final Gambit - quite a puzzle! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There are so many great quotes here, and I can't choose a favorite (they're all interesting). Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I hope you enjoy these. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. The more you share about The Inheritance Games series, the more I want to read it. In the Midst of the Storm sounds really good too. The opening has me wanting to know what happens next. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!