Friday, February 17, 2023

Friday Fun - February 17, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

I read an ARC of In the Midst of the Darkest Hour by Latisha Sexton as a part of the launch team. The book will be releasing in two and a half weeks. Stay tuned for my review. 
       

I also started Lethal Intentions by Jennifer Chastain. I am also on the launch team for this book.


I also started Remember Me by Tracie Peterson. Yes, I am the launch team for this book as well.



              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for In the Midst of the Darkest Hour by Latisha Sexton:

"Most people wouldn't smile at the aroma of fresh-baked turkey and body odor mingling together, neither strong enough to overcome the other."

That's probably true. . 

And here is my book beginnings for Lethal Intentions by Jennifer Chastain:

"Undercover ATF agent Jack Spencer lived by one hard and fast rule. Don't get attached. No exceptions."

Seems like a good rule for an undercover agent.

And finally, here is my book beginnings for Remember Me by Tracie Peterson:

"Adeline Byrant, or rather Moerman, since she'd been forced to marry Sam Moerman last year, tried her best to sleep."

I wondered why she wasn't able to sleep and how she ended up forced to marry. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

In the Midst of the Darkest Hour by Latisha Sexton:
 
"Lily's hand flew to her cheeks, finding them wet with tears. She hadn't even realized she'd been crying. Smiling through her tears, she brought her hand up to Malcolm's face, taking her turn to trace his firm jawline."

Lethal Intentions by Jennifer Chastain:

"'Watch out!' Maggie's scream split the air and almost his eardrums. 
He jammed on the brakes, the road blocked by a lava flow. 'Just great.'
'What are we gonna do, Jack?'"

Remember Me by Tracie Peterson:

"Noticing Esther with a couple of young men, Addie joined them to see what was going on. 'How are you doing with photography, Esther?' she asked upon reaching the trio. It was easy to see that Esther was promoting only herself to these two men. 
'Another pretty girl,' one of the men declared. 'Aren't we the lucky ones today?'"

7 comments:

  1. Wow - three books. Lethal Intentions is the one that captured my interest - a lava flow!!! :) Have a terrific weekend.
    Terrie @ Bookshelf Journeys
    https://www.bookshelfjourneys.com/post/friday-memes-11-1

    ReplyDelete
  2. Between yesterday and today, this is the second time I've seen Lethal Intentions. It looks interesting too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They all sound good but I would read Remember Me first based on those snippets! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Most people probably would not smile at the aroma described in the opening of In the Midst of the Darkest Hour, but seeing it in writing like that, I couldn't help but smile when I read it. All three of these sound like fun quick engrossing reads. Thank you for sharing! Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh dear, that combination of smells doesn't sounds smile-worthy at all. The Friday 56 lines for all three books are interesting! Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Totally thought that said Jessica Chastain for a second...

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lethal Intentions is definitely the one that caught my interest among these three... happy reading and launch days to all these books.. Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!