Friday, February 3, 2023

Friday Fun - February 3, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I just finished The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes for the third time. I like to reread series when a new book is available. I am finally going to get a chance to read the third book in the series, The Final Gambit. Next week I'll be sharing from book two, The Hawthorne Legacy, and possibly book three. 
       

              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes:

"When I was a kid, my mom constantly invented games. The Quiet Game. The Who Can Make Their Cookie Last Longer? Game. A perennial favorite, The Marshmallow Game involved eating marshmallows while wearing puffy Goodwill jackets indoors, to avoid turning on the heat."

Sounds like a loving mom even though they were probably poor. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Inheritance Games by Jennifer Lynn Barnes:
 
"'I thought you said your firm had this locked down.' Oren gave Alisa a look. She scowled back at him, made three phone calls in quick succession-two of them in Spanish-and then turned back to my head of security. 'The leak didn't come from us.' Her eyes darted toward Libby. 'It came from your boyfriend.'"

5 comments:

  1. I have not read this author but have seen the book around. It sounds interesting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I want to read this one! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for sharing. Sounds like an exciting book.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There's magic when you re-read a book, isn't there? I haven't tried this one, but I am tempted! Thank you for sharing. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the cover, the title, and the sneak peek into this book.. definitely going on to my TBR (ignore the groans!!)
    Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!