Friday, February 24, 2023

Friday Fun - February 24, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read an Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana (aka The Runaway) by Melanie Dobson for one of my challenges. I needed a book with the Underground Railroad. You can read my review of this book here.
       

I also started The Prophetess: Deborah's Story by Jill Eileen Smith. I'm also reading this for one of my challenges. I needed a book recommended by a friend.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana by Melanie Dobson:

"A shadow grazed the moonlit yard and ducked into the regiment of pine trees blocking the western winds."

Hmm, is there danger here or someone in need. 

And here is my book beginnings for The Prophetess: Deborah's Story by Jill Eileen Smith:

"Early morning dew tickled Deborah's sandaled feet on the path to the village well, and palm trees waved their stout leaves as if in greeting."

A nice calm beginning.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Love Finds You in Liberty, Indiana by Melanie Dobson:
 
"She pulled an envelope from her pocket and then stuck it back into her pocket quickly as she dug for her coin purse. She still needed to deliver the envelope to Isaac Barnes this morning, and then she would rush back to Silver Creek to help Charlotte prepare dinner for their guests."

The Prophetess: Deborah's Story by Jill Eileen Smith:

"Lappidoth stood and faced the crowd. 'Our prophetess has not commanded that our homes be searched, but I think we would all agree that we need to search them ourselves. Bring any foreign gods to the center of town and we will destroy them."


2 comments:

  1. Both books seem interesting. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet both are very good reads!!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!