Friday, March 17, 2023

Friday Fun - March 17, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I'm reading Enamored by Jody Hedlund for one of my challenges. I needed a book that starts with the next letter of the alphabet from the book I read last month. Last month I read Dream of Kings by Sharon Hinck. 
       

              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Enamored by Jody Hedlund:

"'Whom do you choose as your husband?' The King leaned closer to me in our spectator box. 'Surely amongst so many gallant noblemen you have your sights affixed on one by now.'"

Well, at least it seems Elinor has some choice in whom she wants to marry. Which was a bit surprising as this is set in sort of a medieval world. 
Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

Enamored by Jody Hedlund:
 
"The room was as dark and smoky as it had been before, the shutters always closed to keep out the light of day. Rasmus sat at his desk where I'd left him."


3 comments:

  1. Love that cover.. and the 56 is so very mysterious..
    Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the opening lines, and I love the cover! I've read some of Hedlund's historicals but this looks almost like a fantasy. Think I'll look it up. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely snippet for that 56! Great imagery! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!