Friday, March 31, 2023

Friday Fun - March 31, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read Dark of Night by Colleen Coble. This wasn't for any of my specific monthly challenges, though there is green on the cover, so it fits into two of them (even though I already had other books that also fit that prompt).
       

I'm currently reading The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans for my challenge of reading a Christmas book each month this year. As you can see, this book also has a green cover.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Dark of Night by Colleen Coble:

"Should she even be out here alone?"

Well, if you have to ask, the answer is probably "NO!"

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans:

"When I was eleven years old I was walking home from a friend's birthday party when I saw an ambulance parked in the driveway of my house."

Yeah, doesn't sound like a good thing.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Dark of Night by Colleen Coble:
 
"'You're not a failure unless you give up. And you're not a quitter. I know it's hard when she makes you feel rejected. Things will get easier the more you're together.'"

The Mistletoe Inn by Richard Paul Evans:

"He still looked embarrassed. 'I can't believe I put my foot in my mouth when there's all this delicious food I should be eating instead."


1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!