Thursday, March 2, 2023

Friday Fun - March 3, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

I read Dream of Kings by Sharon Hinck for one of my challenges. In this challenge, the month's book challenge is related to the book from the previous month. I needed a book with complementary colors on the cover of spine. 
       

I read The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans. I also read this for one of my challenges. I needed a book with snow on the cover.


I'm currently reading The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner. I'm a bit behind on my challenges for February due to all the launch teams I was on. This book is a romance by a new-to-me author. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my book beginnings for Dream of Kings by Sharon Hinck:

"My dreams had whispered to me all my life, but lately they were shouting-shouting something urgent that I couldn't discern."

A bit concerning. 

And here is my book beginnings for The Mistletoe Promise by Richard Paul Evans:

"If you could erase just one day from your life, would you know the day?"

I actually couldn't think of a specific day I would want to erase from my life. Though I really wanted to learn more about Elise's.

And finally, here is my book beginnings for The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner:

"If you're willing to admit it, you probably know me as Raine de Bourgh. Yes, that Raine de Bourgh. Did you blush at the mere mention of my pen name? Yeah. So did I.

I thought this was an interesting way to begin the story. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Dream of Kings by Sharon Hinck:
 
"Duke Ket chuckled, but the low rumble in his chest was a mockery of true humor. A dark resonance coated his laugh, the tundra wolf enjoying his surveillance of a rabbit den."

The Mistletoe Promise by Richard :Paul Evans:

"'Also interesting is that historically, Dickens and Friedrich Engels were contemporaries. They were both in Manchester, England, at the same time and they were equally repulsed by the worker' living conditions.'"

The Secret Life of Sarah Hollenbeck by Bethany Turner:

"After a night full of dreams like that, and at least one featuring Father Horatio saying, 'Nope! God still doesn't believe in you!' I awoke with joy. The fear was gone."

6 comments:

  1. of these three, Dream of Kings looks and sounds the most interesting to me. I especially like the cover, but the other covers are attractive also. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. the dreams have been shouting. I know what that is like. Sometimes I feel haunted by my dreams the next day. What does that mean?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope you enjoy all of these. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They all sound good but I would pick up The Secret Life Of Sarah Hollenbeck first! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. For me, Mistletoe Promise is the one that appeals most.. will look forward for your reviews of the books too.. Here is my Friday post

    ReplyDelete
  6. I think these Friday memes are a great way to browsing through books before you purchase them.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!