Friday, March 24, 2023

Friday Fun - March 24, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I read Stay With Me by Jody Hedlund for two of my challenges. I needed a book with a green cover. I've been wanting to read this book, the third in the Waters of Time series, since before it was released. I was glad I was able to fit it into my challenges. 
       

I'm reading Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse for another one of my challenges, though I did realize it would also fit in with the "green cover" challenges. I needed a book with a gold rush. This book is a dual timeline book. It actually takes place in present day and in 1933 during the Depression. However, while the characters in both timelines are diving in San Francisco they find a sunken boat holding gold and human bones. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Stay With Me by Jody Hedlund:

"Someone or something was watching her.
Sybil Huxham traced her fingers over a crack in the damp wall of the underground passageway, the chill in the stone just like the chill pulsing through her blood."

A bit of creepiness for this beginning.

And here is my Book Beginnings for Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse:

"Certain moments in life define a person. Moments that invoke physical feelings that can't be described."

I was wondering what was special about the moment I was going to read about.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Stay With Me by Jody Hedlund:
 
"'Why?' She choked out the word. 'I've given you everything I have. I've loved you unconditionally, even when you treated me like rubbish. After all that, you loathe me?'"

Bridge of Gold by Kimberley Woodhouse:

From page 55, seeing as page 56 was blank:

"Tell your boyfriend that if he knows what's good for him, he'd better quit his job and move out of town. I know what he has, and it doesn't belong to him."


3 comments:

  1. I feel spooked if there is someone watching me. Nice beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm pretty sure I read Bridge of Gold a couple years ago - I've read most of the Doors To the Past series, so sometimes they blur together! But I do know I like Woodhouse's writing, so I hope you're enjoying it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound good, but that 56 for Bridge of Gold is very intriguing! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!