Friday, May 12, 2023

Friday Fun - May 12, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

My copy of In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer finally arrived! It's the second book in her Timeless series. I had a hard time putting it down. You can read my review here. And if you are interested, you can read my review of book one, When the Day Comes. 
       

I've been wanting to read The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin ever since I knew about it, and realized it was connected to When Twilight Breaks and Until Leaves Fall in Paris. I'm partway through and I'm also having trouble putting this book down. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer:

"Most days, I could pretend that my life was normal. I was a twenty-year-old woman searching for my place in the world, trying to decide my future."

Having read book one, I understood right away what she meant by pretending her life was normal. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin:

"The sun rose on the first day of another year in the wasted life of Baron Henrik Ahlefeldt."

So why does Baron Henrik Ahlefeldt feel his life is being wasted. Such a depressing thought on one's birthday. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer:
 
"'Which suggests,' he said, leaning a little closer to me as we entered the dining room, making my pulse pick up speed, 'that perhaps you're hiding more secrets than I first suspected.'"

The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin:

"What would the connection cost? Henrik had sacrificed his lavish lifestyle to become Hemming. He'd sacrificed his voice to become the Havmand. He risked his life with every stroke of his oars, every exchange of envelopes under kneeling benches."

6 comments:

  1. "Most days, I could pretend that my life was normal."

    A great first line.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anything by Sundin is good!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the quotes for both books. They seem like good stories. Enjoy your current read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I like it when I find a book or a series I'm really excited about. I can tell you feel this way about these books.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you enjoy both of these!! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm really intrigued by In This Moment. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!