Sunday, May 14, 2023

The Sound of Light by Sarah Sundin Review

 


I loved The Sound of Light as much as I did the last two books that are connected. I know they aren't listed as a series, but When Twilight Comes and Until Leaves Fall in Paris and The Sound of Light are connected through the male main characters in each book. I always recommend reading these in order of publication if you don't want any spoilers. Granted they aren't major spoilers, but when I read books that have the same characters showing up in them, I don't want to know what happened in the others' lives.

Okay, that said, I have loved all three of these books by Sarah Sundin. I loved reading about Henrik, who goes by Hemming in the majority of the book, and Else and their work in the resistance, along with the struggles they are dealing with in their personal lives, plus seeing their relationship with each other grow. It was awesome learning more about Denmark during WWII and how Danes lived under the Nazi occupation of their country.

It was quite interesting to think of the philosophical questions brought up in the book when it came to light, and the discussion of the "sound of light" and the different meanings.

There were some intense scenes when it came to the Nazis, and some suspenseful parts as well. It definitely kept me turning the pages to see what would happen. 

Definitely a book I highly recommend.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!