Friday, May 5, 2023

Friday Fun - May 5, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I'm on the launch team for Love in the Headlines by Penny Zeller. It's a fun Christian RomCom, not my usual genre, but I really enjoyed it, and may just have to start reading more romantic comedy. And I definitely have to read more books by Penny Zeller. 
       

I'm also on the launch team for Neverending Mercy by Latisha Sexton. This is the second launch team I have been on for one of her books. I'm just starting Neverending Mercy, so stay tuned.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Love in the Headlines by Penny Zeller:

"It had been an exhausting day, and Carleigh Adams figured a hot bubble bath followed by snuggling up with a good book and a cup of tea was the perfect agenda for a Tuesday evening."

Sounds relaxing, but I had a feeling it wasn't going to happen. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for Neverending Mercy by Latisha Sexton:

"There was nothing memorable about the day I first met Haley Burnham."

So I had to wonder who Haley was and how they met and what kind of relationship they had after the day of meeting.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Love in the Headlines by Penny Zeller:
 
"'I am still grieved by the possibility that my secret admirer is living a double life as a thief.' Lindy covered her mouth with her hand. 'How could it be?'"

Neverending Mercy by Latisha Sexton:

"My entire world shifted. Ruth was moving back? I had planned on avoiding her as much as possible for the next week until she returned to her life in Ohio. I didn't see any point in encouraging my feelings when she would be leaving."

3 comments:

  1. I don't read many Rom-Coms either. I'm glad you found a good one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am drawn to Love In The Headlines. Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just finished Love Under Construction by Penny Zeller yesterday! I hope you enjoy Love in the Headlines. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!