Thursday, May 11, 2023

In This Moment by Gabrielle Meyer Review

 


I absolutely LOVED this book. Such an awesome sequel to When the Day Comes. I loved reading about Libby's daughter Maggie (or Margaret, or Meg). Instead of living in two different times like her mother did, Maggie has three paths. She lives in 1861, 1941, and 2001. I loved that each of these times were such pivotal times in our countries history. The beginning of both the Civil War and World War 2, and the days leading up to 9/11.


Maggie had loving family and friends in all three time lines. I loved reading about each one, and seeing these times through her eyes. Seeing the struggles she had with her knowledge from the future time paths, but not being able to use that knowledge in the past. While her marked mother had lived in two different places, Williamsburg VA and New York City/England, Maggie lives in Washington DC in all three paths. I found it so fascinating that we got to see the differences in places throughout time. I also loved the historical figures that were actual characters in the story.


I also loved meeting the men in her life that became love interests and seeing how their relationships evolved. And to know she would only be able to pick one of them, only one life path to remain in. The struggles that she went through were heart wrenching at times. And there were definitely times I found myself in tears. I had been warned.


I loved this book and the twists and I can't wait to read the next book in the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!