Friday, August 4, 2023

Friday Fun - August 4, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I am currently reading Wait for Me by Jody Hedlund. I've been wanting to read this fourth book in the Waters of Time series since I realized there was going to be a fourth book. In other words, at the end of book three. I've had it out from the library for several weeks now, and finally have a chance to read it.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Wait for Me by Jody Hedlund:

"Dawson Huxham let the cold soil slip through his fingers down onto the coffin."
 
Grief, sadness. For Dawson, but also hope, knowing how Stay With Me ended.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection.

Wait for Me by Jody Hedlund:
 
"He couldn't begin to count the number of times he'd wanted to go back to Reider Castle and try again. But he hadn't been able to figure out an excuse, one that wouldn't put Isaac in danger from Hamin Sahaba-if that was the group who had attacked him"


2 comments:

  1. Sounds like a great read!! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I loved the first book, and thought the second was okay. I was surprised that there was a third book, and had no idea a 4th one was coming too! I hope you enjoy it as much as the others.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!