Tuesday, August 15, 2023

Wait for Me by Jody Hedlund Review

 

I was so excited when I realized there was going to be another Waters of Time book by Jody Hedlund. I have enjoyed this series from the beginning, though I admit, my favorite book is still the first book, Come Back to Me. But I do love that we get a glimpse into the lives of the characters of the previous books. Though some do feature more than others.

(Spoiler warning, if you haven't read the first three books of the series, you may want to skip this review)

For this, the fourth book, our main male character, Dawson is the brother of Sybil who was our main character in the third book. When Sybil left him in modern day England in the previous book she left him some holy water to cure his blindness. However, he was in a dark place and wanted nothing to do with it. Now he has lost his sister, blaming himself for what he thinks is her death, and he is also suddenly in the crosshairs of some very bad people who want that holy water. He ends up crossing time to help Philippa who is in dire straights thanks to her uncle wanting to marry her off for political reasons. In their travels together they start to have feelings for each other but how will it ever work out?

I loved their relationship, though I wish they hadn't had to have rushed so much, but I do understand the circumstances made it necessary. The book had periods of suspense, but the majority of the book was quite calm, especially compared to the previous books. I definitely didn't feel the tension I did in the others. And I did appreciate the spiritual truths that were shared.

I did want to mention that there were quite a few sensual scenes, though nothing that was too detailed.

Though not my favorite book in the series, I still enjoyed it very much. I do wonder if the author will write another book in this series and how she will make it work if she does. This did seem like a great ending to the series.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!