Friday, June 7, 2024

Friday Fun - June 7, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I just finished reading Shadows at Dusk by Elizabeth Goddard. I wanted to make sure to read this one before starting Hidden in the Night which just released and is book three in the series. 


And yes, I just started reading Hidden in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Shadows at Dusk by Elizabeth Goddard:

"The old cargo plane vibrated as the pilot descended into the airdrop zone, the turbulence shuddering through Carrie James."

I had to wonder what they were doing in Africa when I knew from the description of the book that it takes place in Alaska. I wondered what was going to happen to bring her halfway around the world.

Hidden in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard:

"Get in, get out. . . a blizzard's coming."

I wondered where this person needed to get in and out from in a hurry it seemed.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Shadows at Dusk by Elizabeth Goddard:
 
"She opened her mouth and bit down with every intention of taking a chunk. He loosened his grip enough so that she could escape, then she turned and punched him in the nose. Blood spurted, and he covered his face. She grabbed her package and raced to her plane without looking back."

Hidden in the Night by Elizabeth Goddard:

"'See if you can get me a bush pilot with a floatplane to fly down to get us. We can't waste time sitting here while we wait for another boat or this one to be fixed. I just learned that not that long ago, a ferry was stranded for three weeks. Not saying I think that's going to happen here, but please, just get us out of here.'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here are my reviews:

4 comments:

  1. Both books seem interesting, and I like the snippets. Thanks for mentioning them, and I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would hate to be caught in a blizzard, unless it was home safe and snug. These sound good! I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Saturday!
    I'm currently reading Her Part to Play by Jenny Erlingsson. So far, I am enjoying it a lot!
    "Adanne swallowed the lump in her throat and turned toward the mirror. The fluorescent bulbs highlighted the worry in her eyes that no amount of makeup could hide."
    I hope you are having a great weekend filled with lots of relaxing reading time. 😊❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday!
    I'm currently reading Her Part to Play by Jenny Erlingsson. So far, I am enjoying it a lot!
    "Adanne swallowed the lump in her throat and turned toward the mirror. The fluorescent bulbs highlighted the worry in her eyes that no amount of makeup could hide."
    I hope you are having a great weekend filled with lots of relaxing reading time. 😊❤️📚

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!