Friday, June 28, 2024

Friday Fun - June 28, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I read Beyond the Silence by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse for one of my reading challenges. 

  
I'm currently reading Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette for another one of my reading challenges.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Beyond the Silence by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse:

"Far-off screams filled the air and rattled six-year-old Jimmy Colton's bones."

Who's screaming and why? And I sure wasn't expecting to be seeing part of the story through the eyes of a young child. I wasn't sure at first if it would just be the prologue or throughout the story.

Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette

"Forging through the teeming mass of Canaanite soldiers in this vast army camp, I'd never felt more alone."

Knowing this was being told from the female protagonist's POV, I wondered if she felt alone because she was a woman in the army camp and didn't belong there.  

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Beyond the Silence by Tracie Peterson and Kimberley Woodhouse:
 
"The woman's fiery gaze intensified. 'Woodward Colton. You don't know him, but we do, and it is our duty to intercede. We can't in good conscience allow you to be misled. You simply cannont work for that murderer.'"

Wings of the Wind by Connilyn Cossette:

"Why did it seem like he was looking at my very core, raw and exposed? I broke the connection with the guise of eating the flatbread he had prepared. Once again the taste, like no other, hit my tongue and blocked out any other sensation. A little moan of pleasure slipped out."

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here is the review for one of the books. I still have to finish The Women of Wynton's.:



3 comments:

  1. "Far off screaming filled the air." Egads what a powerful opening.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It sounds like both of these books will be taking you to interesting places.

    ReplyDelete
  3. These books sound good.

    I hope that you enjoy reading them.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/06/28/first-line-friday-death-at-chelsea-by-anna-sayburn-lane/

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!