Friday, June 21, 2024

Friday Fun - June 21, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I am reading an ARC of Dreams on the Horizon by Penny Zeller as a member of the launch team. This book releases next Tuesday. 


I'm also reading an ARC of The Women of Wynton's by Donna Mumma as a member of the launch team. This.book releases on July 1st.

  
        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  Dreams on the Horizon by Penny Zeller:

"Sometimes the Lord answered multiple prayers all at once."

That's an encouraging beginning.

The Women of Wynton's by Donna Mumma

"Reserved for Audrey Penault 
Wynton's Department Store
Violators Will Be Towed
Oh, how this sign set the bees a-buzzing in the wives' and mothers' bonnets in Levy City-that and her shiny new 1955 Thunderbird convertible parked beneath it.

Just who is this Audrey and why does she have a special parking spot. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections:

Dreams on the Horizon by Penny Zeller:
 
"Father said nothing, but Landon had a differeent view of things. He promoted safety first, and with the building of the railroad being dangerous at times, he was content with the men moving slower in areas of hazardous terrain, times of inclement wather, and situations where dynamite was used for the construction of tunnels."

Coal Black Lies by Cindy K. Sproles:

"'When he came to me, I told him I didn't have time to notice anything during the show because I was too busy trying to keep my girls from getting squirrely,' Mary Jo added. 'If I had known there was a dead girl in there, I would have grabbed my babies and run home, party dresses and all.'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared two books in my Friday Fun post. Here are the reviews:


5 comments:

  1. My preorder of The Women of Wyntons is on the way, already.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Friday!
    I'm currently reading For a Lifetime by Gabrielle Meyer. It is SO good!
    "It wasn't quite midnight as I walked through the door of the stylish Hotel Victoria in the heart of the theater district with both excitement and trepidation."
    I hope you have an excellent weekend filled with relaxing reading time. 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  3. They both sound good. I hope that you enjoy them.

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/06/21/first-line-friday-second-chance-summer-by-phillipa-ashley/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do enjoy reading historical fiction. Looks like you found two good ones.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!