Friday, July 21, 2023

Friday Fun - July 21, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have one book to share with you. 

I am currently reading The Bookshop of Secrets by Mollie Rushmeyer. I'm reading this for one of my reading challenges. I need a book that is published as Women's Fiction.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for The Bookshop of Secrets by Mollie Rushmeyer:

"Only the sharp clang of a bell above the door and lopsided towers of books greeted Hope Sparrow as she entered Dusty Jackets bookshop."
 
I just loved the name of the bookshop. And loved the thought of lopsided towers of books. 

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

The Bookshop of Secrets by Mollie Rushmeyer:
 
"She swallowed. No one knew her real name. How could she condemn him? 'Why would someone like you not want people to know who you are?' The muttered statement slipped through her teeth."

4 comments:

  1. I agree, that is a great name for a bookstore. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have seen this one going around. I hope you love it. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That's a perfect name for a bookstore - I love it already! Hope you're enjoying this read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the cover and snippets! Sounds like a wonderful read! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!