Sunday, July 16, 2023

Murder Goes Solo by Malissa Chapin Review

 


I'm on the launch team for Malissa Chapin's newest book, the second book in the Piper Haydn Piano Mystery series, titled Murder Goes Glamping, so, because I wanted to make sure to read the books in order I chose to read and review Murder Goes Solo first. 

Such an interesting and fun story. Piper owns a music academy and it is time for their music recital, only the special Steinway piano she had ordered hasn't arrived yet. Thankfully it arrives the day of the recital and she gathers her staff and students to see the unboxing of her dream. Unfortunately, they weren't prepared for the horror of a dead body being found stuffed inside. 

 I really enjoyed this cozy musician mystery. The author did a wondeful job making me fall in love with the characters. I love the relationship between Piper and Rosie. Awesome best friends. I mean, it's always great to have a friend that will help you disobey the police so you can try to solve a mystery. LOL. I admit, I had figured out who the murderer was quite early. But I loved when the clues began to add up. And she did a great job adding some other details to try to throw us off the scent. Definitely made me wonder if there was more than one person involved. Loved the faith aspects of the story.

Definitely a book I highly recommend. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!