Friday, July 28, 2023

Friday Fun - July 28, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have two books to share with you. 

I am currently reading Lost in Darkness by Michelle Griep. I'm reading this for a couple of my reading challenges.


And I also started an eARC of The Lost Manuscript by Mollie Rushmeyer. This book releases on August 29th. I can't wait to finish the book and share my review.


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Lost in Darkness by Michelle Griep:

"There was something glorious about the first day of June."
 
Had to read on to find out what exactly was so glorious, though, I'd figure, warmer weather.

And here is my Book Beginnings for The Lost Manuscript by Mollie Rushmeyer:

"Empty rooms are full of stories."

So true. Here are the next two sentences because I really wanted to include them, "Invisible memories. Silent echoes."

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Lost in Darkness by Michelle Griep:
 
"Ahead, a slip of a white-haired woman wielded a broom handle, wheezing for air. 'I knew it! That girl were awful cagey. Out you go!' She struck again."

The Lost Manuscript by Mollie Rushmeyer:

"'I don't think that will serve me here, unfortunately.' The he examined it again in a new light, not as a language aficionado but as a person searching for a hidden message. That was it. The letters seemed to realign, moving into place in his mind."

2 comments:

  1. Both of your covers are very inviting or intriguing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. They both sound good but The Lost Manuscript is calling me. :-) Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!