Thursday, July 6, 2023

Friday Fun - July 7, 2023

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with two different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays and the Friday 56.

This week I have three books to share with you. 

I read Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White. This is the first book in the Culper Ring Series. I needed a book with half as many letters in the title than the book I read in May for one of my reading challenges in June. 

   
I also read the first book in the Piper Haydn Piano Mystery series by Malissa Chapin, titled, Murder Goes Solo. A great book if you are a fan of cozy mysteries.


I just started an ARC of the second book of the Piper Haydn Piano Mystery series by Malissa Chapin, titled, Murder Goes Glamping. This book releases on July 28th. So far it looks like it is going to be another amazing cozy mystery. 


              
Book Beginnings on Fridays


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

Here is my Book Beginnings for Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White:

"Let innocence be your mask."
 
Sounds like good advice for a spy. 

And here is my Book Beginnings for Murder Goes Solo by Malissa Chapin:

"Piper blew out a breath and clenched her teeth as she marched down the hall of the Haydn Music Adademy toward her office."

Sounds like someone wasn't having a good day.

Finally, here is my Book Beginnings for Murder Goes Glamping by Malissa Chapin:

"Piper Haydn's heart pounded and a wave of dizziness rolled over her approximately ten second after she waved off the Uber driver."

Oh dear, something seems to be wrong here. Seems to be starting off more suspenseful than the first book.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is hosted over at Freda's Voice.
Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here are my Friday 56 selections.

Ring of Secrets by Roseanna M. White:
 
"Mrs. Shirley didn't appear chastised. 'Their means are not my grounds for complaint, good sir, but rather their loyalties. 'Tis a known fact that the elder Mr. Knight was of decidedly Whiggish bent before the British won New York, and he even tried to evactuate the city when Washington fled.'"

Murder Goes Solo by Malissa Chapin:

"Piper second-guessed her decision to stay home when they drove through the crowd of reporters camped at the end of her driveway. She wouldn't answer the door, but she would stay home-she had made up her mind."

Murder Goes Glamping by Malissa Chapin:

"'How did Carolyn disappear?' She groaned. Her arms weighted her down. The pins and needles pricklng up and down her muscles kept her from trying to untie her hands. Goosebumps rippled across her arms, and she shivered."

5 comments:

  1. Three books? Sounds like a fun reading week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like all of the quotes. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  3. The Murder Goes series sound so much fun!!! Right up my alley! Happy weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I feel pretty sure I recently added Murder Goes Solo to my list of titles to consider. The character's name and the cover are intriguing and I do like a good cozy. Hope you're enjoying all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really enjoyed Ring of Secrets! Malissa Chapin's books look fun! I have not read anything by her. Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!