Thursday, September 26, 2024

Beyond Ivy Walls by Rachel Fordham Review

 


I loved Beyond Ivy Walls by Rachel Fordham so much. I loved that it is a retelling of one of my favorite princess movies, Beauty and the Beast. I loved noticing the parallels as I read. However, there are plenty of differences to make this it's own story.

Beyond Ivy Walls is a historical romance that takes place in 1903 Iowa. Sadie has left her home on the farm to take a job in the city to help support her family. She ends up meeting Otis Taylor, the remaining heir of an important family in town. However, he's only just returned himself and is staying hidden away because of scars that have left him looking disfigured.

I loved seeing Sadie and Otis's relationship evolve, going through ups and downs and twists and turns.
Forgiveness plays an important roll in the story for more than one reason. As does self sacrificial love and faith. There's even a mystery of a missing child.

Definitely a book I highly recommend.

I received an e-copy of this book through NetGalley and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.

1 comment:

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!