Wednesday, September 25, 2024

Bram Baxter Marries the Wrong Sister by Latisha Sexton Review

 


Oh wow, Bram Baxter Marries the Wrong Sister by Latisha Sexton is an awesome Christian rom-com. I loved getting to know Quinn and Bram, and getting to see their relationship evolve.

Bram thought he had been in love with Quinn's sister for years and was devastated when she arrived home a married woman. Did he ever really know this woman at all? He thought he had. They had been friends. In fact, his family and her family were great friends. So, he was friends with Quinn for years as well, but he never saw her as anything BUT a friend. And when Quinn was in desperate need of help, he felt led by God to enter into a very unconventional, marriage of convenience to help her out. 

But, would they ever actually fall in love with each other? Would they be able to get past some of the things they struggled with? Would certain omissions become obstacles too big to work through? In other words, would their marriage survive? 

I was drawn into this story and rooting for their relationship. I'm more used to marriage of convenience stories that are historical, so this was different, yet awesome. There were times I wanted to yell at them to actually TALK to each other, instead of assume things. But, I guess that is a good reminder to me, that communication is vital for a marriage to work. 

Very emotional at times. Some hilarious times with a neighbor, but also some serious discussions going on with said neighbor. And most importantly, an emphasis on God's truths and His leading. 

I absolutely loved this story and can't wait to read the stories of Bram's brothers. 

I received an e-copy of this book as a member of the launch team and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!