Sunday, September 29, 2024

Love and Christmas Cookies by A.M. Heath Review


Wow, I have a new favorite in A.M. Heath's Christmas in Garland series. I just loved Love and Christmas Cookies, a modern enemies to lovers retelling of Pride and Prejudice. 

The main characters, Kate and Wade, both have dreams of owning their own cookie bakery. Kate thought she was going to get to own the bakery where she has been working for years. Wade has had the dream of going off on his own, owning a cookie shop, as opposed to working with his aunt in her cupcake empire. Both are surprised when Kate's boss makes plans to sell to the newcomer Wade. Yet a deal is made, and Kate has two months to increase sales to show that she deserves to own the Cookie Tin. 

They have to decide whether they are going to work with each other or against each other while dealing with family and others who become hinderances and obstacles. 

I loved being back in Garland and was thrilled to see who and what the author included from the previous books. I'm figuring if I had ever actually read or seen Pride and Prejudice I would have loved the book even more, noticing all the Easter eggs the author included. (She does mention some of them in her author note at the end of the book.)

Knowing there was at least one person with nefarious plans made me on edge and wanting to see what was going to happen. And I really felt for Kate and Wade who were dealing with family members who were trying to run their lives. I felt invested in this story and had a hard time putting the book down. And oh my goodness, did the cookies Kate and Wade created just about make my mouth water. I really want to try some of their creations and see some of the art work. 

I also apprciated the faith of the characters. 

Definitely a book I recommend. And don't miss out on the rest of the series. Especially if you are a fan of cozy, small towns and Christimas festivities. 

I received an e-copy of this book as a member of the launch team and was not required to write a favorable review. These are my own honest thoughts.


 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!