Thursday, September 5, 2024

Friday Fun - September 6, 2024

Welcome to my Friday Fun post. This is where I share with three different book parties that post on Fridays: Book Beginnings on Fridays, the Friday 56, and First Line Friday.

This week I have two books to share with you.

I am currently reading When Hope Sank by Denise Weimer


I'm also reading My Way by Ashley Al-Saliby.


        Book Beginnings on Friday     


(Please join Gilion Dumas for Book Beginnings every Friday to share the first sentence (or so) of the book you are reading, along with your initial thoughts about the sentence, impressions of the book, or anything else the opener inspires. Please remember to include the title of the book and the author's name.)

and

First Line Friday


(Please join C arrie for First Line Friday.)

Here are my Book Beginnings/First Line Friday selections:

  When Hope Sank by Denise Weimer:

'Free Arkansas'
The unexpected phrase, whispered a stone's throw away at the inn's back alley door, froze Lily Livingston's arms in mid-swing."

Okay, what's the whispering about. And why was Lily swinging her arms? .

My Way by Ashley Al-Saliby

"'Don't forget the snake repellant, Dad!'" Eden called out as Kelsey burst into giggles beside her on the porch."

I really wanted to know why snake repellant seemed to be so funny.

Now for:
The Friday 56


The Friday 56 is normally hosted over at Freda's Voice. But Anne from My Head is Full of Books is taking over for a while. 

Rules:
*Grab a book, any book.
*Turn to page 56 or 56% in your eReader
(If you have to improvise, that's ok.)
 *Find any sentence, (or few, just don't spoil it) that grab you.
*Post it.
*Add your (url) post below in Linky. Add the post url, not your blog url. It's that simple.

Here is my Friday 56 selection:

When Hope Sank by Denise Weimer:
 
"Lily took a deep breath and almost choked on the smoke. 'I didn't say that. I said it was a possibility. Determining the truth of it is up to you.' Now that she'd shed her knowledge, she wanted nothing more than to leave it in the hands of law and justice and run out the door. Her personal life was complicated enough without adding spies and saboteurs."

My Way by Ashley Al-Saliby

"Well, now it's officially awkward, she thought miserably. Please act normal, guys. Please.
'I'm really fine, Jake. Thanks. But I'll try to give you a ten-second heads up before I drop dead if I feel it coming.'"

Reviews:

Last week I shared one book in my Friday Fun post. Here is the link to my review:
:

I also finally had time to read another book I had shared on my Friday Fun post at the beginning of August. I had set it aside to read some other books, and then zinged through it in a day. My Refuge is the first book in Ashley Al-Saliby's Follow in the Dark series. I needed to read that before started My Way, which I shared about above.

5 comments:

  1. "Don't forget the snake repellent." Eek! Is there such a product?

    ReplyDelete
  2. "Don't forget the snake repellent" is an interesting start to a book. It has me intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting quotes. Enjoy!

    Have a great weekend!

    Emily @ Budget Tales Book Blog
    My post:
    https://budgettalesblog.wordpress.com/2024/09/06/first-line-friday-happy-bloody-christmas-by-jo-middleton/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Saturday!
    Life has been insanely crazy, so I am sorry for my tardiness in replying to everyone's Friday posts. But I'm here now. LOL. I hope life has been less crazy for you.
    Anyway, I'm just getting into Once Upon a Boyband by Jenny Proctor. So far, it's super good!
    "Laney waves as she pulls out of the parking lot, and I wave back, but I don't immediately follow her."
    I hope you are having an excellent weekend full of rest and reading! 🙂❤️📚

    ReplyDelete
  5. I want in on the joke about the snake repellant too. LOL These sound like fun reads. I hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!