Friday, July 9, 2010

More Friday Fun

I have really enjoyed joining in with all the different weekly events MizB hosts during the week at her blog, Should Be Reading.  Today is Friday Finds:

What great books did you hear about/discover this past week? Share with us your FRIDAY FINDS!

Definitely joining in with these different hops and events has helped me to find books I never would have found on my own.  I have a lot of new books on my TBR list and I may just need to change my Summer Reading list around a little.  
Please click on the links for each book if you want to learn more, it is the easiest way for me to share, by linking to the Amazon page.
I am not sure who's blog I found the book Shades of Morning by Marlo Schalesky, but I am now planning to read that book plus Beyond the Night and If Tomorrow Never Comes by the same author.
I am also intrigued by the House of Night series by P.C. and Kristin Cast, posted about by MizB.  
I also found Watership Down by Richard Adams and The Girl in the Box , by Ouida Sebestyen at the thrift shop this week.
Not sure when I will get to them, but...
Oh, I did pick up the first two books of the House of Night series at the library today.

Another fun Friday event is hosted by Tonya at Storytime with Tonya and Friends


Rules:
* Grab the book nearest you. Right now.
* Turn to page 56.
* Find the fifth sentence.
* Post that sentence (plus one or two others if you like) along with these instructions on your blogor (if you do not have your own blog) in the comments section of this blog.
*Post a link along with your post back to this blog.
* Don't dig for your favorite book, the coolest, the most intellectual. Use the CLOSEST.

Here is my Friday 56:
For her, I guess.  For me.  So I'd have "Advantages."
from The Girl in the Box Ouida Sebestyen.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for playing! You reminded me that I forgot to do one this week, so there's a new one up too! Hope to see you next week.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!