Monday, July 19, 2010

Musing Monday: July 19th


This week’s musing asks…
What does your bookshelf (or, what do your bookshelves) say about you to the people who come into your home?

Well, most of my bookshelves are upstairs and most people wouldn't be seeing them, but if they found themselves upstairs for some odd reason they would see that I seem to be into reading Christian non fiction.  This is deceptive, however, because most of the Christian non-fiction books on my bookshelf in my bedroom  are unread.  I have had good intentions, but my priorities get skewed.  I get interested in a fiction book or series of books, and as they are easier for me to read I neglect the ones that may actually be more meaningful in my life.
You would also see that I tend to pick up books I think I might need for homeschooling later on, as I have a full bookshelf of homeschooling books and my girls are only 3, 2, and 3 months.
Another thing you would see is shelves full of Christian fiction.  These too are covered in dust, as are the non-fiction books above, I am sure. But they have been read.  I used to be one to reread books, but lately I have been reading more from the library.  And that is what you would see downstairs.  The books you see would show that I do not limit my choices just to one certain type of book.  I don't just read Christian fiction, but I try to be careful on my choices. It also shows that I love to read to my children.  And it also shows that I am not very tidy/organized, as they are just stacked on the box.

Head on over to Should Be Reading to check out other's Musing Mondays

1 comment:

  1. It's interesting, because I don't really read religious themed books, so if I had seen that I might have said, hmmn, we don't have books in common, but perhaps we would? :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!