Monday, July 5, 2010

Musing Monday



MizB over at Should Be Reading hosts Musing Mondays.  Here are this weeks questions.

What are you currently reading? Would you recommend it to others? Is it part of a series (if so, which one)? What are you thinking about it? What book(s) would you compare it to, if any?

I am currently reading "Teenage Vampire" by Florence Wilson.  At this point (I am halfway through the book) I would not recommend this book to others.  There has been way too much that is a rip off of Stephenie Meyer's Twilight saga.  While the plot is not the same there are way too many details that feel like they come directly from Twilight and some from New Moon.  I say "at this point" I would not recommend it because I am finally seeing some fresh original plot show through.  At the same time the grammar and inconsistencies make for a difficult read.  I will continue to read the book because I want to see what happens and I hate leaving a book in the middle.  However, if it doesn't improve I will not read any of the books that are supposed to follow.

1 comment:

  1. people ripping off the Twilight books? I am shocked...not..lol

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!