Monday, February 26, 2024

Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower Review

 


Assaulted Caramel by Amanda Flower is an enjoyable cozy mystery with just a bit of suspense. Though not "Christian fiction" there was nothing objectionable. And it did talk about people praying, plus the main characters grandparents are Amish and they have Christian friends who go to the church across the square.

The mystery of who the killer was kept me guessing. I didn't figure it out until right before it was revealed. And just who was the second person involved? The reveal did take me by surprise though there are definite hints in retrospect. But still, there were some great twists. Plus a couple of cute pets that have cute parts in the story.

The mystery took place while Bailey, an up and coming chocolatier from NYC was helping her Amish grandparents prepare desserts for a wedding in the small town of Harvest, Ohio. A wedding they figured would be postponed after the murder occurred right in her grandparents shop. Especially considered who the deceased was. And she, along with her grandparents were suspects. So, of course, Bailey was desperate to clear her name.

I really enjoyed this book and even put the next book on hold right away. This was a book I read for a reading challenge, but I realized after I took it out from the library that this was the series my son had recommended several months ago. I should have listened to him sooner.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for stopping by. If you have the time, I would appreciate it if you leave a comment. Have a blessed day!